- This event has passed.
Chicken Marketing Summit, July 21 -23 2019
July 21 @ 8:00 am - July 23 @ 5:00 pm
How do channels, choices and challengers influence consumers’ chicken purchasing behavior? Find out at the 2019 edition of Chicken Marketing Summit scheduled for July 21-23 at the Belmond Charleston Place in Charleston, South Carolina. Early Bird registration is now open.
Consumers have more choices for when, where and how they buy chicken than ever before. Advances in mobile technology, computing power and connectivity have made home delivery of prepared meals, groceries and meal kits commonplace. The differences between foodservice and retail distribution channels for food have been blurred as convenience and grocery stores offer more made-to-order meals and restaurants have more carry out and home delivery options. There is more choice and competition for each meal occasion.
Connecting with consumers, particularly digitally, is increasingly important as e-commerce sales increase. Generation Z, the first group of consumers who grew up with smart phones in their hands, is starting to graduate from college and enter the work force. These trends will only accelerate as the buying power for Millennials and Generation Z increase in coming years.
A series of essential educational sessions will focus on this year’s theme, “Channels, choices and challengers.” The 2019 Chicken Marketing Summit will provide insights on these trends and creative solutions for how chicken sales and marketing professionals can effectively and efficiently connect with today’s customers and consumers.
2019 Chicken Marketing Summit agenda and speaker preview:
- Keynote presentation – presented by Clint Rivers with Wayne Farms
- Marketing to Generation Z moms: Lessons learned from millennials, Generation X – presented by Maria Bailey with BSN Media
- Grams scramble: Competing for consumers’ protein needs – presented by Meagan Nelson with Nielsen and Kelley Fechner with Datassential
- Transparency in an age of activism: How can you get the upper hand? – presented by Hinda Mitchell, president with Inspire PR Group
- The brave new world of proteins: Is poultry passé? – presented by Robyn Metcalfe, Ph.D., with Food + City
- Chicken Consumption Survey results – presented by Joyce Neth with WATT Global Media and Chris DuBois with IRI
- 2 NEW, highly-relevant panel discussions: Supply Chain Partners panel and Channels, Choices and Challengers panel
Presented by WATT Global Media and the National Chicken Council, the 44th annual Chicken Marketing Summit remains a member benefit for NCC processor and allied member companies, as well as members of the National Poultry Food Distributors Association and National Turkey Federation.