The new Male Chain Feed System from Cumberland offers low-stress distribution of feed, providing roosters with easy access to their daily ration. The heart of the system is a two-way fill hopper in the center of the house that distributes feed quickly and evenly in two directions across the entire chain line.
The new system also offers a single-sided open grill, which reduces potential fighting for feed and helps ensure uniformity in roosters. A programmable 24-hour pin clock or a 24-hour digital clock controls the feeding and fill system.
“Cumberland’s Male Chain Feed System supports the poultry industry’s request for a chain feeding system for males,” said Ken Evans, product manager for Cumberland. He added that with Cumberland’s system, all components are compatible with its other chain feed systems, which means additional spare parts are unnecessary.
Other features include:
- Space-saving design with 28-inch centers.
- A 3/4 HP winch that provides high-speed raising and lowering of the feed system.
- Ninety-degree corners designed for low maintenance and high performance.
- Quality trough (available in 10-foot and 12-foot lengths) and Cumberland blue chain offering strong link connections for reliable performance.
- Optional soft start controller to assist the motor’s gradual increase to full speed.
The new Male Chain Feeding System will be introduced at the International Production & Processing Expo Jan. 25-27, 2022, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Poultry producers can also contact their Cumberland dealer or visit cumberlandpoultry.com.