For decades, Canadians have relied on our more than 1,100 egg farmers and farm families in all provinces and in the Northwest Territories to produce a steady supply of high-quality eggs. Today that reliability has never been more necessary. The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging all Canadians and people around the world. In these difficult times, Canadians can be assured that egg farmers will continue to deliver on our promise. We are dedicated to maintaining the strength of Canada’s egg supply chain while continuing to adhere to the highest standards of food safety and animal welfare.
On this page, egg farmers and our industry partners will find a list of essential updates, tools and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This information will be updated regularly so check back often to remain up-to-date with the latest material.
Important information about government action related to COVID-19, including the latest updates for industry:
- Government of Canada COVID-19 updates
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency information for industry on COVID-19
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada information for industry on COVID-19
- Canadian Federation of Agriculture COVID-19 resources
- World Health Organisation COVID-19 updates
Your provincial, territorial or local municipal governments may also be undertaking specific measures in response to the pandemic. We recommend visiting your provincial, territorial or municipal government’s website regularly for updates on what is happening where you live.
Tools and resources for farmers:
- What to do when an employee has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19
- Guidelines for the Canadian poultry and egg industry in response to COVID-19
- Government of Canada resources for Canadian businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Canadian Agriculture Human Resource Sector Council tips to manage COVID-19 on the farm
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health strategies to maintain mental wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Public Health Agency of Canada resources and information to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace
- World Organisation for Animal Health information on COVID-19
Recent news and updates on the Canadian response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Canada provides update on exemptions to travel restrictions to protect Canadians and support the economy
- Prime Minister announces support for farmers and agri-food businesses under Canada’s response to COVID-19
- Farm Credit Canada lending capacity increases by $5B to alleviate industry financial pressure
- Prime Minister announces support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID‑19
- Keeping Canadians and workers in the food supply chain safe