Today, Cobb-Vantress revealed CobbCares.com to highlight the company’s focus and commitments to a sustainable future. For Cobb, sustainability means that the company is committed to making decisions with the future in mind and is taking steps today that will help to positively shape environmental, economic, and social impacts in the future. This focus on sustainability is closely aligned with Cobb’s core mission, global business strategy, and in step with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The introduction of CobbCares.com at the 2022 International Production and Processing Expo (IPPE) highlights the passion Cobb has for delivering healthy poultry genetic crosses, with balanced traits that support sustainable poultry production and robust poultry welfare.
“We have an uncompromising commitment to our values, team members, customers, the communities where we live and work, and the poultry we raise and produce for the global poultry industry,” says Joyce J. Lee, President of Cobb. “CobbCares.com articulates our commitment to feeding the world and our goal of making a positive difference.”
CobbCares.com includes five sustainable development pillars that are integral to the company’s comprehensive and holistic approach to building a sustainable future. They include:
- Workplace: Cobb is committed to the use of comprehensive programs, dynamic training opportunities, and innovative incentives to optimize the health, safety, and professional development of team members across the globe.
- Environment: Cobb is a dedicated steward of land, air, water, and energy resources in areas where we hatch and raise poultry, and we work to continuously improve performance through implementation of innovative practices, tools, and systems.
- Poultry Care and Welfare: Cobb encourages the use of innovative technology to enhance continuous improvement and accuracy of assessment of health and welfare outcomes.
- Community: Cobb partners with local leaders and organizations to benefit the rural communities where company facilities are located and is committed to operating safely, legally, ethically, and sustainably.
- Genetic Progress: Cobb seeks to meet the future needs of worldwide poultry customers by focusing on traits related to broiler and breeder health and welfare and emphasizing sustainable attributes that are desirable for future generations of chickens.
“We’re humbled to be an integral part of the worldwide poultry industry and a key driver in advancing a more sustainable future for all,” says Dr. Kate Barger-Weathers, Director of Animal Welfare. “As we tell our story about our focus on genetic progress, poultry care and welfare, the community, the environment, and the workplace, we hope to demonstrate how Cobb is committed to a family culture, conducting our business with integrity, being innovative in our solutions and products, and giving our best every day.”
Visit CobbCares.com to learn more about the initiatives that benefit Cobb local communities and global outreach efforts, including measurable outcomes.
The 2022 International Production and Processing Expo (IPPExpo.org) is being held Jan. 25-27 in Atlanta, Georgia. The expo focuses on:
- Innovation – Bringing together buyers and sellers of the latest technology of products and services to make your business successful.
- Education – Learning from the experts in free and fee-based world-class programs on topics that cross industry interests.
- Global Reach – Attracting more than 8,000 international visitors from 130 countries.
- Networking – Meeting new and rekindling old relationships with leaders across the industries.
ABOUT UNITED NATIONS
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals include 17 interlinked global goals that provide a blueprint for companies and countries as they work towards a better and more sustainable future for all. The goals address specific global challenges and encourage stakeholders and leaders to collectively and actively pursue cooperative efforts that will benefit today’s generation and future generations by promoting prosperity, hunger relief and protection of the planet. Learn more at sdgs.un.org/goals.
ABOUT COBB-VANTRESS, INC.
Cobb-Vantress, Inc. makes quality protein accessible, healthy, and affordable worldwide. A wholly owned subsidiary of Tyson Foods, our research and technology innovate the global poultry industry. With headquarters in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, we are the world’s oldest pedigree broiler breeder company. We distribute poultry to more than 120 countries. Find more at cobbvantress.com.